Post by Xsinthis
This post has been pre-approved by Asakawa
It's that time of year again folks, the third annual World of Warcraft Gold Survey
is now live!
For those who don't know what the World of Warcraft Gold Survey is, it is an annual survey that takes place around the last week of October and the first week of November that aims to try and figure out how much gold the average player has, and some other interesting statistics and demographics (such as how many players raid, what sites they use for their gold making, etc.). This is the only survey/project of its kind in the WoW community, and last year saw 11,344 people participants!
The 2013 survey contains only a few minor changes from last year:
- New name (changed from Wealth to Gold)
- A new question asking if you’ve taken this survey in previous years
- A new question asking what region you play in
- Added /r/^&*!@#$Making, /r/WoWEconomy, paid gold guides, the World of Warcraft Gold Making community on Google+, “Streams”, “Podcasts”, and “Twitter” to the list of resources used for gold making
- New question asking what add-ons or services you use
- Now asks about solo content (outside of a means to an ends) and levelling in addition to the question about Raiding, PvP, etc.
This year will be the first time we'll have two data points available in the same expansion, and since it's happening around the same time in Mists of Pandaria as the first survey did in Cataclysm (or closer too it at least) this year should be particularly interesting.
The survey still only takes a few minutes to complete, and is completely anonymous, so I hope everyone can help contribute!
You can find the survey at http://thegoldencrusade.net/survey/
You can find more information about this year's survey and the survey project in general:
The survey runs through November 10th, 2013.
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to participate.