in your browser.
Return to board index
I'm having a lot of trouble trying to make or find macros or addons to complete the following tasks, i think they are all doable, and without using an "external" macro addon. (are there any "legal" external apps? i.e. can i use an external macro app so long as it only does allowable actions?)
I am trying to automate some tasks while farming and dual-boxing my two different accounts (i'm also testing a lot of different scenarios, mostly for fun, but some are for quests/rep grinding, etc).
Here are the things I want to do:
1. Have a macro and a command automatically loaded in a keybound slot, so that I can execute it as soon as a new character is loaded. I don't want to bother with opening the macro dialog or anything. So, in this instance, I want a macro to automatically work with a key combination at first login.
Macro tasks (these aren't necessarily on the same toon at the same time).
1. Automatically open a trade dialog, and stick all of a specific named item into the dialog. I.e. kind of like how mages offer water when you trade with them, but i want to name different items.
2. Automatically offer a pre-defined amount of money and hit "yes"
3. Automatically accept all trades that don't require anything back.
I'm willing to entertain other approaches, but here is the actual tasks. I would like these, in order, be automatic, if not, then keybound, if not, then available via the interface at first login, without opening or dragging/dropping or any "interface setup" tasks.
1. My "main" toon is logged in on account #1
2. I create a new toon and log it in on account #2
3. drop any group on account #1
4. invite my main toon, which as a dual slot mount, so I can just "hop" on
5. open a trade from my new alt, to my main.
6. Main will then offer 1g, and hit "yes' to the trade.
7. Alt will automatically hand items to the "main" if they are in the bags.
I have kind of worked a solution that involves setting my mouse to a keystroke (1), and I have a macro that i put in the first slot, and i use that same button to "type" the gold amount... but i want to simplify/error proof it.
One of the main things I'm doing is farming some non-bop quest items, that are from non-repeatable quests. I have already checked with WoW if the actual farming is legal, and they said it is, but they couldn't help me automate the process, they just directed me to the old macro page.
ok. thanks so much for sticking around to read this whole/long post. If you can give me some help, pointers, tips, or whole solutions, in whole or in part, as this would make the whole process less frustrating for me :-)
in parts, some "macro" snippets I could use are:
1. How to drop a group
2. How to drop a group on an event, like a disconnect (i.e. if my alt disconnects, automatically kick them, or leave if someone whispers me a specific phrase)
3. How to automatically invite a named person on login.
4. How to open a trade and insert a named or object (preferably all of the same item)
5. How to accept a trade, without having to use the mouse
6. How to buy a specific amount of an item whenever at a vendor (i.e. make sure i have 10 water, or whatever).. but i need to name it, not just assume water/food.
7. Automatically "open" or "click" items that are open/clickable, as soon as they are looted or bought. (i.e. if a box is fished up that has items in it, i want the items out, without having to click).
8. Automatically accept all quests availble from an npc, including dailies
9. automatically hand in quests that have been completed.
10. insert a small delay, 5 seconds, between two macro commannds.
if you know just 1 or 2, that's fine, anything will help. If I get enough info, i may dig into making a kit or addon, because i've thought of a few useful things to do with it.
also, if there is a way to activate a macro without loading it in a slot, that would be very useful too... i.e. if there is an account wide in-game macro, a way to set a global key combination that would activate it, without having to load it in a slot on each toon.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead:
Featured Game Sites
Final Fantasy XI
Join the world's largest
MMO gaming network.
Sign up now!
Connect With ZAM
© 2016 ZAM Network LLC