in your browser.
Cant access game OR any blizzard website
Return to board index
The game wont get past initializing, there is no wow news feed and the play button is grayed out. What is stranger is that I cant connect to any blizzard site (even mmo-champion). Its like an IP block or something. the website just goes to a unable to display type error.
If you leave the WoW starter open long enough it will eventually pop a error message that says "failed to download information about the next patch. Check your network connection."
All other websites are fine and my connection is great. It cut off in the middle of a ToT LFR and I haven't been able to log on since (this has been 5 hours or so.)
note: I've tried flushing my ip in command prompt and deleteing history and cookies. I also have no blocker app on my browser.
isn't only my PC but seems to be other computers as well (at least using my internet)
haven't try it with anybody else's connection.
Ive read other people having this problem threw Google but no solutions!
Hi Krashen, what kind of network are you on? Is this at a University? *I'll be sure to check back for your response. Thanks for hanging in there!
I am having the exact same problem. I've got a bit of a complicated network so I'll try to be concise. We've created two networks with a wireless bridge to rebroadcast our original wireless signal. We have a modem connected to our first router (we'll call it router1). Router1 broadcasts "network1" to half of the house. Network1 is then picked up by a wireless bridge which is hardwired to router2. Router2 sends the signal out again on network2. The really odd thing is that I can connect to battle.net/mmo-champion/curse.com, etc. on network1 but I cannot on network2. I've even tried plugging my computer directly into the wireless bridge (which is picking up network1) to see if I can get to any of those websites and I cannot.
At this point, I think it has something to do with the bridge since that seems to be the chink in the armor. However, it has no configurable settings that I can mess with to adjust what information is coming through it. (It's a Linksys WET610N, by the way).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's difficult to say - we know that the sites are up, and we know that there are currently no major reports coming in - so this leads me to believe that these are relatively isolated events. What I would do is take wireless out of the equation to see if a direct connection alleviates the issue. Next, if you are still having the issue even on a direct connection, you could contact the system administrator or the Internet Service Provider themselves to see what's going on. They may have you run a trace route to help establish the health of the connection as well. To tack onto that last thought, if the ISP provided the modem, they should be able to help you troubleshoot that as well.
I hope that helps you! Please update the post as we go along here, I will do my best to offer any other advice if you have more information to provide.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
© 2014 ZAM Network LLC