in your browser.
How best to start a wee bit of PvP
Return to board index
I'm a casual player that has mostly played solo and in PUGs, seeing the game through levelling and chasing an achievement our two to keep me busy and moving forward. I've had almost no experience of PvP and I'd appreciate some advice on how to find my way into this part if the game.
I've queued for Arathi Basin once or twice after stumbling upon some quests there and obviously I was beaten pretty soundly every time I went one on one with others. All my gear is PvE gear so one question is; how do I go about selecting and obtaining more suitable gear? Is out bought from vendors somewhere or obtained as drops somewhere?
Regarding gear, as an Enhancement Shaman are the stats I'm looking for the same? Which stats are ditched in favour of Resilience and the PvP power stat?
Now I come to think about it, why is it that the stats needed to survive and do damage in a PvP environment are in any way different to those needed when up against a dungeon boss?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Hey there new pvper. let me take the time to say hi i'm chippy from staghelm Horde side a pve server. But like your self i was new to the world of pvp and no one to help me, so i feel your pain on how to learn and gear up. we made world pvp happen here since wrath. i will help you learn pvp, spec pvp, gear, and get you fighting back in pvp, arena and bg's. once you learn it. you will never go back to pve stuff again. If you do it will make raiding, heroics' feel like a walk in the park. hit me up chippy on staghelm horde side right now if your up. wisper me and ill walk you throw it all.
for the lowbies, so one day they can be highbies
Cheers Chippy, I'll look you up when I'm I'm game.
Good luck with the ridiculous state of PvP in this xpac: out-of-control botting and RBG win-trading, CC being gamebreaking, OP classes, broken ratings system, you name it.
At this point, it's best to sit out until next season IMO and hope for some improvements.
I was absolutely hopeless at PvP when I first played WoW - terrible gear, terrible tactics, weak class (low-level arcane mage in vanilla? hahaha). In short, I was a liability to my team.
You haven't told us what level you are or what faction you are. These things make a difference.
For someone who is completely new to PvP I have this advice:
1) Stick with the large BGs until you have experience and gear. Alterac Valley is your friend - you are just 1 player out of 40 on your team and it's a great place to practice your PvP skills with allies fighting at your side.
2) Tol Barad and Wintergrasp are easy sources of honor for PvP gear. People expect you to have crap gear in those and they're not much more than training grounds, (Tol Barad, especially, is a simply ridiculous design).
3) If you are low-level, there are special low-level PvP vendors in Ashenvale (Alliance) and Arathi Highlands (Alliance and Horde). The gear you can get from these will be better than most of the quest gear you'll have if you're still low-level.
4) Stay away from the small BGs until you have gear and experience (WSG, BfG, AB, EotS, etc - the BGs with just 10 or 15 players on each side. Nothing annoys me more than someone entering WSG with hopeless gear.
5) Get decent gems and enchants on your gear. It makes a big difference.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
© 2014 ZAM Network LLC