Post by PaleKing
Well I'm not an expert by any means and for that reason I sympathise with the feeling of reading large amounts of technical info on various sites which can just end up confusing the picture. So, I'll mention just a couple of things regarding the rotation/priorities. Hopefully others more knowledgeable than I will be able to keep me right if any of this is in error, or if there is a better way forward.
For a single mob I go for something like the following:
- Drop Searing Totem
. This starts applying
- Start off with Unleash Elements
. This can be done at range to tag the mob and start your melee. Assuming you have
on your main hand weapon and
on your off-hand weapon you'll now have buffed melee attacks from Unleash Wind
and more importantly your next fire spell will have it's damage increased by 30% by Unleash Flame
- next up, to make the most of that 30% increase in fire damage apply Flame Shock
. The other flame spell option is Lava Lash but as far as I understand it over the time that Flame Shock is ticking, it provides better DPS than a buffed LL. Besides, Lava Lash should be held back for the moment...
is your next priority.
- By now your
buff from your Searing Totem
should be approaching it's maximum stack of five. That buffs your Lava Lash
by 100% (20% for each application of
) So, hit Lava Lash
every time your Searing Flames get to a five-stack.
- It's likely that your Maelstrom Weapon
stack will have hit five by now so you can get an instant-cast Lightning Bolt
at this point.
Once your initial attacks are all in you'll want to then settle into a priority list of attacks. This means simply that the attacks nearer the top of the list are your highest priority and should be used as a higher priority over those below. The list pans out like this:
- Ensure are applying from your Searing Totem
- Use Unleash Elements
- Lightning Bolt once it is buffed by five stacks of Maelstrom Weapon
- Stormstrike used on cooldown.
- Lava Lash on cooldown, ideally with a five-stack of in place.
- Flame Shock refreshed but ensure that Unleash Flame from your Unleash Elements is up.
- Earth Shock as a filler when everything else is on cooldown.
You have plenty of other extras to boost your DPS when you need it, but hopefully the above will be of some help in how the basic special attacks are prioritised.