Post by perculia
We ran through the Temple of the Jade Serpent
today--it's a pretty quick instance but each wing is richly detailed. You can also buy all glyphs for from a vendor right inside the instance. All bosses dropped ilvl 425 loot, but they were reskins of 4.3 gear and didn't have real names yet, like
The instanced version of the Temple of the Jade Serpent
looks practically identical to the outdoor quest version--except it's been corrupted by the Sha. The library and water wings are accessible, as is the central area where questgivers and monks trained formerly. After questing through The Jade Forest, it's intriguing to find out how the temple ended up in such a state.
- Corrupted Living Water elementals scatter the hallway by the Fountain of the Overseeing, along with dead Jinyu. When they die, they leave a harmful pool with and spawn Corrupted Droplets.
- Sadly, Wise Mari has become corrupted. The fight is in two phases:
Phase 1: Wise Mari is encased in a and cannot be attacked. The boss periodically casts which churns up the corrupted waters, and summons Living Water Elementals. After four have died, the fight moves onto phase 2.
- Phase 2: is cast on the transition, knocking all players away. Phase 2 cannot be tanked, as the boss keeps rotating with , similar to The Lurker Below's .
- Throughout the fight, standing in the water is bad: you'll suffer from .
- Upon defeat, Wise Mari is purified, returning to its original form with its treasured staff.
- Lorewalker Stonestep's sacred library has been taken over by the Sha, who are destroying the lore of the Pandaren.
- The trash is named after references to Chinese New Year folktales--The Twin Jugglers, The Talking Fish, etc.
- A Corrupted Scroll has been infested by the Sha in the center of the library. Upon killing it, you have a chance to get one of two scenarios, Zao Sunseeker or the Yaungol. The Zao Sunseeker one is as follows: "According to the legend, long ago, there were five suns that burned brightly in the sky. When the winds blew, their intense heat caused great wildfires. Crops wilted, villages burned, and families wandered endlessly to seek refuge from the flames..."
- Unfortunately, this brings the story to life as well as the protagonist, Zao Sunseeker, and your party must defeat the five suns, which then turn into Sha and corrupt Zao. Lorewalker Stonestep begs you to fight him with dignity.
Phase 1: The Suns will cast , and when killed, will .
- Phase 2: When all Suns and Haunted Sha have been defeated, Zao Sunseeker will become corrupted and quickly continually fire .
None of my run-throughs spawns the Yaungol
encounter, but it seems the Yaungol must balance conflicting emotions of strife and anger--ignoring one aspect will lead to additional debuffs:
- Either path you take will bring you back to the central courtyard, which has three groups of trash: a Minion of Doubt which casts and , surrounded by spawns and friendly Serpent Warriors fighting them.
- Liu Flameheart is a 3 phase fight, transitioning at 70% and 30%:
Dragon Dance: , , .
- Jade Dragon Dance: , , .
- The Jade Serpent: In the last phase, she gains , which turns her into a serpent that casts .
Quotes: Serpent Warrior: They are too Strong! We can never defeat the Sha! Run while you still can! The Jade Serpent has abandoned us!
Liu Flameheart: Your forces are weak! The heart of the Great Serpent will not fall into your hands.
Jade Serpent grant me strength! The cycle must continue, the Jade Serpent must be reborn!
The haze has been lifted from my eyes...forgive me for doubting you...
Sha of Doubt
- The Sha of Doubt periodically casts and on random enemies.
- Every 30 sec or so, the Sha casts on the party. This summons shadowy apparitions that must be killed before completely infuses.
Krelumian made a video of his instance run--click the cut to check it out!
Post by DragonHawks
The instance is really nice, when I did a run yesterday here is a video of the whole instance. This particular run was insanely fast due to the massive bugged damage from the hunter in our party :) about 300k per auto hit!Temple of the Jade Serpent - Full Run