in your browser.
Level 40 Leveling rotation?
Return to board index
Hello evertone. I recently leveled a Shaman to 40 and changed to Enchancement. I bought the Enchancemt Shaman Heirlooms, have two 1h Maces, and rest is appropriate gear for my spec aswell.
My problem is my attacks seem kind've weak. I have Windfury on both, problem is I usually miss most of my attacks. I heard this is normal but my ratio is 1/5 basically and hits 250 each.
Low mana. My mana without water sheild is extremely low. 3 mobs with full totems up makes me oom. My rotation is: FS>LB>auto attack if windfury pric or cast a instand shock spell or two and mob is dead. I am left at 50% with lightning sheild, 65% with Water sheild.
Basically it's low damage more mana or less mana efficiency more damage. I know it picks up at 45-50, but curious if I'm doing something wrong.
If you want armory my Shaman his name is Jamir, realm is Lightnings Blade.
I'm working on leveling my shaman right now, and while he's not to level 40 yet (i'm 32), I've read up a bit. The sticky threads in this very forum were extremely helpful, but you might also check wow.com's enhancement leveling guide.
Anyway, the consensus I've heard is that you might want to stick with a 2h for the next couple levels until you get dual wield specialization, which will help a lot with the miss chance problem (especially for your yellow strikes). You might even consider getting Stormstrike as your level 40 talent instead of DW, as it will be a large DPS increase. Then fill out DW and DW specialization and only then start dual wielding.
As far as mana, i've been just switching out between the two shields. And yeah I tend to stay with water shield for a large portion of my fighting. I also don't put out totems unless I feel like I really need them, which saves a LOT of mana.
I just got my shaman to 40 this past weekend myself. Like BlackMojo said I only lay down my totems if I need to. Other than that I just shield switch between the two. I went with Stormstrike when I hit 40 and then Duel wield, and to me I drop mobs fairly quickly. I have the heirloom stuff as well, so i wouldn't think there would be much of a differnce. The only thing I can think is that your weapon skill might be low if you just switched to your two one handers.
Maybe you'll find
an interesting read for your future exploits as Enhancement Shaman.
Edit: His older guides are listed below the article.
Armory is down right now so I can't look at your character, but currently leveling through the low 40s I'd ask the following:
- for hit, you do know that you are supposed to be missing ~24% of the time, assuming you have no +hit, right? The improved dual wield will help with this, as mentioned. Also as mentioned, check if your mace skill is at max.
- Would you be willing to go back to a 2H (or 1H and shield) for a level or two? You might want to hurry to 41, get storm strike, then go 2H again for a level or two. Although I admit that the lure of dual wielding got me to switch at level 42, I just couldn't wait for all the improved dual-wield talent points.
- For mana issues, what level of Int do you have on your gear? I know that I was very frustrated in the mid 30s about having to drink after every fight, or close to it. So I went and blew a whack of gold on the +30 int weapon enchant, and start putting more priority on +int on gear. Agility is a bit better overall for DPS possibly, but Int still provides attack power as well as helping your spell crit chance, and the larger mana pool means that I can go at least closely spaced fights without mana getting low, and can even support glyphed fire nova (7s cooldown) in my rotation when dealing with crowds. The regen rate doesn't change much, but just having more to start with really helps.
- Also relating to the mana issue, at the end of solo fights, how is your health versus your mana? If your health is still near full but your mana is low, frankly you might want to cut back on spells some. We all want mobs to drop as fast as possible, but for example don't drop totems, or only drop the air one that gives melee haste (16% haste probably helps more than the other totems). Also possible that you could have more +stamina than you really need?
- Have you baselined against other shamans? At this site you can see averages pulled from the Armory for other enhancement shamans.
- Aside from mana frustrations, how is it going? Are you actually dying much, or just having to take more time between fights than you really want?
- Are you having fun?
ETA: OK Armory is working now.
I'm not an expert, but your gear for a leveling shaman looks fine to me....not much +int, as I suspected, so might want to focus some more on that, but nothing is really out of whack.
On your talents, you look set up for more of a PVP spec? There are some changes you could make that could help some with your mana and hit issues, but of course you give up other things.
- for mana, in the first tier, your points are in Enhancing Totems and Earth's Grasp rather than in Ancestral Knowledge. That +10% Int would currently give you another ~120 mana (and about 0.5dps from increased attack power). Add some Int to your gear and it will make even more difference.
- For hit, swapping from Frozen Power to Unleashed Rage would give you 6 Expertise and +7% on your attack power. That 6 expertise translates, at level 40, into 3.9% less chance of your opponents dodging or parrying, which can make a big difference in how often you land a blow in solo fights where you can't get around to the back.
(note on expertise: from Wowiki, the base value for expertise is 2.5, and the per level adjustment is base divided by 52, times (level-8). Which rounds out to ~1.54, meaning that each 1.54 of expertise rating gives you 1% expertise. So Unleashed Rage may give you trivial amounts of expertise for higher levels, but while leveling it can be quite a difference.
Thanks. so basically go into Talents that give more intellect and hit and get gear with some int or two.
Oh and wait till level 44 to do full dual weild, ouch, but I guess if i do the talent changes i can bare myself to hit 44 this week, i have no rush soloing or not.
I'll look at that guide, but if there's any other advice you guys have please let me know.
PS: yeah i looked at the guides on Wowhead.com and didn't help, much. Like it helped as far as swhat stats and such but not too indeff about talents and gear 40+ or why.
Well, if you try the talent changes, then see how your hit rate is. And if you are really into dual-wield then you could do stormstrike after improved dual-wield (storm strike will add more to your dps, but it isn't all about maximising damage output).
I remembered one more thing I started doing for mana: I got the minor glyph of water shield (giving an extra orb), and I shifted to seldom using lightning shield at all. The problem I had was that in solo fights, by the time lightning shield was wearing off, the fight was pretty much over, so even if I cast water shield I wouldn't get orb procs until the next fight, but with my mana low I'd drink to fill it back up before that fight anyway...
Instead I just started leaving water shield up. Like you I draw with ranged spells, so by the time they start hitting me my mana is down somewhat and the sphere procs won't go to waste. I got the glyph because given a choice between hitting stormstrike, earthshock, etc or refreshing water shield, I prefer doing damage :) So the extra orb meant less time unshielded, and better overall mana regeneration.
You might want to try that, and finding some more int for your gear, before changing your talents.
Errr, my comments on expertise from unleashed rage were the gibberings of someone still new enough to get confused by the combat rating system at times.
Unleashed Rage give expertise, not expertise rating, and expertise causes a 0.25% reduction in dodge/parry, not 1%. So two points in Unleashed Rage give only a 6*0.25% = 1.5% reduction in dodges/parries.
I'd figured this out previously when I was choosing talents, but somehow totally forgot it when I was writing yesterday, sorry. Last night I got to thinking how I hadn't thought Unleashed Rage was all that good, compared to how good it sounded when I was describing it to you.
Sorry for the misleading data.
Grab 2h heirloom axe imbue with windfury and just stormstrike everything. Change to dual wield when you get maelstrom. 2hander is much more fun (pve and pvp) but it's not that good in end-game.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Other ZAM Sites
Final Fantasy XI
© 2018 ZAM Network LLC