in your browser.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Discipline Priest Talents
This section of the 7.0 Discipline Priest guide provides an overview of all talents, information on which talents work well in different situations, and popular builds in Wowhead's talent calculator. The author of this guide is Jak or AutomaticJak, Priest Healer for Vision on US-Kel'thuzad. He's been raiding in WoW for almost 6 years straight with his most recent accomplishments of finishing Mythic Nighthold US - 15, World 69th.
Updated for the latest patch.
Priorites & Abilities
Macros & Addons
This build is focused primarily on raiding.
This build is focused on Mythic+
Twist of Fate
- Recently moved in the latest patch, this talent will be the go to for progression raiding and M+ due to the powerful effect and uptime that is achieved when heavy damage hits the group.
- Rock-solid, consistent and low maintenance talent. Slightly behind
Twist of Fate
for progression raids/mythic+ though.
- While Schism can greatly improve your damage, it does so at the expense of your mana and your activity time. Since there is a global cooldown, you can only be casting so many things at once and
greatly splits your focus from healing and dpsing to nearly full time dps. Great for maximizing damage, but at the cost of healing and your mana pool.
- A slightly nerfed form of the spell that priests everywhere have come to know and love. Consistent, allows pre-placement and priority is given to the caster, your go-to for mobility.
Body and Soul
- Similar to Body and Mind for Holy, this talent provides the flexibility of instantly casting a movement speed on any target, but it also can provide a large annoyance for many raiders receiving a movement speed increase when they are not prepared. This also can be harmful to your healing as using PWS on yourself solely for the movement speed increase is a waste of the initial heal from the Shield and the later
healing that comes afterward. Feather is far superior.
- While this can provide a decent bit of personal healing to you, it often is not as valuable as having increased mobility to get out of danger quickly. Has some situational value in low movement encounters.
– Best used for leveling, it will give you some breathing room if enemies are chasing after you, but little to no value in a raid environment.
- Has a similar purpose than
: providing space; although it does so in a different fashion. It will see little to no use in raiding.
- Allows your
target to become your pet! But its cooldown is increased and this effect cannot be used on players.
Power Word: Solace
- Provides damage and resulting
healing while also refunding mana. The most important aspect of this talent row is the AMOUNT of mana returned to you along with the maintenance required to acquire that mana. This talent is high maintenance and while it was recently buffed is not quite as good as
- Returns mana to you through fully absorbed
Power Word: Shield
s. Requires no change to how you play and currently is the highest mana regen talent in the row. Go to talent if you are hurting for mana.
- While this does have a 1 minute cooldown, it is considered very low-maintenance and easy to use. It synergizes very well with Haste due to the increased attack speed of your
providing more damage and healing. Top pick for M+ and is the highest HPS talent.
If you are really hurting for mana in raids, go
if not, go
- Solid healing increase to your absorb effect from
and continues to make the spell more efficient. Go to for raiding.
Clarity of Will
- A slow casted absorb which caps at two casts on a target. Decent for some Dungeon content with . This talent is not recommended for raids unless you're able to ignore mechanics by doing so, see Iron Maidens in BRF.
- No longer replaces
Power Word: Radiance
and is now instant cast, but does not place
on the targets and leaves a debuff that absorbs the next healing up to half of the healing done by the Covenant cast. While this can be a great heal for when the absorb debuff, which only lasts 6 seconds, falls off, it does not currently have a place in raids. It is however exceptionally powerful to use in M+ weeks with high party wide damage with little risk of the healing absorb negatively impacting you.
Purge the Wicked
- Strong DPS talent that replaces
Shadow Word: Pain
and is easily spread through
. This will be the recommended talent for most raid encounters and for maximum damage in dungeons.
- Your star will travel in a straight line away from you damaging and healing, then return to you. Both Star and Halo's damage only transfers to
on the first target hit.
- A wide reaching heal that is good for more spread out fights and the heal amount is no longer determined by the distance at which the ally is from you. If Halo hits them at 20 yards, they are healed for the same amount as if they were at 5 yards.
- Age old reliable talent. Strong for pumping out some extra damage in M+, but currently is outclassed by its counterparts for most situations in raids and M+.
- Safe Dungeon talent, synergizes well with
Clarity of Will
depending on the type of healing that you need. Recommended for dungeons, especially high keystones.
- Newest talent, this works extremely well with the latest changes to hit the spec allowing you to put out a high number of atonements, then extend their duration with this talent. Top pick for raiding.
Share your comments about this guide in our Priest forum!
Holy Priest Talents
Shadow Priest Talents
More Class Guides
Feathermane Hunter Pet Guide
Warlords of Draenor Druid Changes
Elementals in Draenor: An In-Depth Guide to Elemental Shaman
Restoration Shaman Overview
Warlords of Draenor Death Knight Changes
Black Temple Timewalking Loot and Transmogrification Guide
Timewalking Raid Guide: The Black Temple
Glory of the Tomb Raider Achievement Guide
Goroth Tomb of Sargeras Raid Strategy Guide
The Desolate Host Tomb of Sargeras Strategy Guide
Warlords of Draenor Follower Guide
Heirloom Collections Guide
Warlords of Draenor Legendary Ring Guide
Hidden Artifact Weapon Appearances and Effects
Draenor Pathfinder: How To Unlock Flying in Draenor
More Guides by AutomaticJak
Discipline Priest Overview
Holy Priest Artifact Challenge Guide
Holy Priest Gear Recommendations
Holy Priest Gems, Enchants and Consumables
Holy Priest Spells and Playstyle
Get Wowhead Premium
$1 a month or
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!
Other ZAM Sites
Final Fantasy XI
© 2017 ZAM Network LLC